- This event has passed.
Falling Walls Lab Luxembourg 2019
May 23 @ 15 h 00 min - 17 h 00 minFree
WHAT’S THE FALLING WALLS LAB LUXEMBOURG?
The Falling Walls Lab Luxembourg is a pitch competition for young innovators. The Lab is a platform for academics, entrepreneurs and professionals from all disciplines, providing them the opportunity to present their “wall breaking” idea to a broad audience and a distinguished jury from academia and business.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Outstanding entrepreneurs, young professionals, scholars, researchers and scientists
- All disciplines are welcome.
Registration deadline: Thursday, 16 th March 2019. (The candidates selected will be informed asap)
Register asap here: https://falling-walls.com/lab/apply2019?location=18
WHY TAKING PART IN THE FALLING WALLS PITCH CONTEST AS AN ENTREPRENEUR?
Among the five prizes awarded (more details here), one is especially dedicated to entrepreneurs with
innovative startup ideas: the EY Impact Venture Prize
- 1 year free access to EY Finance Navigator
- personalised coaching from EYnovation team
Last but not least, the winning venture has the chance to get nominated by the University of Luxembourg for the Falling Walls Venture.
- If an applicant has a Bachelor’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 10 years.
- If an applicant has a Master’s degree, the degree should not date back more than 7 years.*
- If an applicant has a PhD, the degree should not date back more than 5 years.**
- Postdocs and students currently enrolled in university are also eligible to apply.
*An MD (excl. a doctoral dissertation) will be considered equivalent to a Master’s degree.
**A Dr. Med. (incl. a doctoral dissertation) will be considered equivalent to a PhD.
STRONG START INTO FALLING WALLS LAB LUXEMBOURG: KEYNOTE SPEECH BY NICK OGDEN
Nick Ogden is the Founder Director of Clear.Bank®, the first clearing bank in the UK in over 250 years. A serial entrepreneur, active since the pioneering days of FinTech, Nick Ogden will share his experience on “What does it take to build a unicorn?”. Everyone interested is free to join for the keynote speech (15:00-15:30h), without prior registration.