Fit 4 Start offers early-stage funding and coaching to ICT start-ups in Luxembourg. The programme helps you develop a prototype of your product and learn how to test it with your first clients. You also get support with presenting your company to investors and contacts with other actors supporting start-ups.
Learn to offer what your clients really need
Launching a start-up is fraught with uncertainty: you do not know whether your product will work, nor whether it corresponds to what your clients really need. Using the “Lean Start-Up” methodology, Fit 4 Start helps you identify your first clients and test your prototype with them. When analysing their behaviour, you will learn whether you are on the right track or need to change direction – before investing too much money, time and effort.
Our offer: coaching and funding
Fit 4 Start offers you:
- a 16-week programme of coaching and weekly follow-up by “Lean Start-Up” experts;
- free access to the co-working space of an incubator;
- opportunities to benefit from the offer of other players that support start-ups in Luxembourg; and
- a grant of €50,000.
The Graduation Day organised at the end of the programme gives you access to potential partners and investors. An additional €100,000 is offered by the Ministry of the Economy to start-ups that have both successfully graduated from Fit 4 Start and managed to raise at least €50,000 of private equity.
Our target: ICT start-ups in Luxembourg
Your business project is also:
- in the process of being set up or has been incorporated in Luxembourg less than 12 months before the start of the programme; and
- includes a team of at least 2 people.
Your contribution: ideas, commitment and funds
We expect the following from you:
- your business project includes innovative aspects;
- at least one team member works full time on the project during your participation in Fit 4 Start;
- you provide weekly progress reports;
- you contribute €10,000 of equity to match the funds granted in the context of the programme.
The €50,000 grant needs to contribute significantly towards the realisation of your project. It needs to be spent over the duration of the 16-week programme in such a way that you achieve the objectives defined with the coaches and the stakeholders of Fit 4 Start.
Apply to Fit 4 Start
Two editions of Fit 4 Start are organised every year, one in spring and one in autumn (see the timeline). You can apply online. The best candidates are invited to pitch their projects to a jury composed of experienced entrepreneurs who select the 5 most promising start-ups for participation.