StarTalers, a startup founded in 2018, is on a mission to close the gender investing gap and help women achieve financial freedom by becoming sustainable investors.
StarTalers is developing a digital financial advisor that allows women to overcome their main barriers to investing and start funding their life goals by investing in projects that meet their values.
Our product allows women to:
- get smarter about (responsible) investing through a gamified financial education journey, connecting them to a community of liked-minded (female) investors.
- develop a personalized long-term financial plan based on their life goals and risk behaviors that takes into account their values and impact preferences
- execute on their life goals through personalized portfolios based on sustainable instruments (ETFS, index funds, equities, bonds) tailored to their needs and impact preferences.
We are currently hiring a Chief Technology Officer who will be one of the pillars of StarTalers. As an “early joiner”, you will be part of the management team, responsible for defining, implementing and managing our technical platform.
- You will have to build, manage and validate our Tech Roadmap, including the choice of technology blocks to be used, of certain platform/tech over other.
- You will be responsible to transcribing StarTalers’ vision and mission into real, stable and scalable solutions. Keep in mind our products will be certified by the financial authorities.
- You will build and follow our innovation roadmap with the management and the team, following the best development practice, to deliver value for our customers in an agile way.
- You will have product manager responsibilities, designing the products features, its architecture, and supervising its implementation while pragmatically managing resources.
- You will have to communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Level of education: master degree from a university – Engineer (e.g. computer science, applied math or electric engineering), mathematician, physicist, etc.
- Experience of working following Agile or Kanban methodology and testing methodology (unit, integration and functional testing)
- Experience in DevOps: you have already followed, designed and / or executed the implementation of a scalable software architecture in the cloud (e.g. in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). Experience in managing web application through AWS is a strong plus.
- A proven experience in IT Project Management and / or product management is required (ideally, following Agile methodologies). Experience in managing outsourced or remote resources would be a plus.
- A real interest in web technologies, UX and web design (experience with a mock-up / designing tool like Sketch or Adobe XD would be a strong plus).
- You put the client first and are solution oriented.
- Available portfolio of projects and / or code-base (even side project / closed-source) required.
- Leadership and organizational abilities, excellent communication skills.
- Experiences in Angular, React or Python are a plus.
- Interest in finance and marketing are a plus.
- Attitude: humility, integrity & proactivity. Collaborative and communicative mindset, solution oriented, empathic and positive. You’re flexible and adaptable.
- English speaking (written + oral). French is a plus.
Why StarTalers? Because you will love:
- Working with the purpose of empowering women, men and the next generations to meet their financial goals while using their financial power for good by making sustainable finance the norm
- Our attractive stock options plan
- Our support in continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge and achieving your career and personal development goals
- Our small but fast growing and dynamic team
- Our friendly and casual environment
- Our flexible hours and location
- Our structure that allows you to influence and shape the solutions we build
- And last but not least, you adhere to StarTalers’s values, namely
- We value diversity in all its forms
- We leave it better than we found it
- We speak up, disagree and commit
- We’re hard on the problem, soft on the people
- We think big but start small
- We break things – and rules
- We underpromise and overdeliver
- We get sh#&! done