As a Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the cloud operations of our platforms and you will ensure our high uptime and performance requirements. In collaboration with other IT functions, you will provide input into the technical vision of Doctena. You will combine your extensive technical experience with your understanding of the business to ensure the success in the defined lifecycle of the services and projects of your area.
You will remain hands in and work with teams to develop infrastructure/operations solutions in a highly paced agile, cloud based environment. You will champion our operational practices to ensure a high quality outcome for our business.
Doctena is experiencing massive growth and our traffic and user numbers increase by two-digit percentages every month.
Your Work Environment
You will join a team of young passionate people dedicated to building the best online medical service offering in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, and Germany. The position is based at our headquarters in Luxembourg and you will directly report to our Head of Infrastructure.
We offer a full-time contract with attractive salary package and benefits according to your experience.
We consider working for a promising start-up to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfilment to those who earn them.
We are a young fast-growing company. Strong performers have heaps of opportunities to grab.
- You have expert skills in systems administration (Linux, AWS), configuration management, automation
- You have advanced skills in implementing solutions that scale and perform for millions of users, adopting SOA patterns
- You have proven experience in developing long-term system architecture and infrastructure strategies
- You bring expert skills in cloud operations, especially Amazon Web Services
- You have experience in enterprise monitoring, and in security
- You are hands-in, result-oriented, practical, and not afraid of unknown situations
- You embrace DevOps and are a team player
- You have experience with tools like Dynatrace, Pagerduty, Papertrail, CircleCI, Docker, Jira
- You speak and write English, French is considered an advantage
Detailed skill requirements
- Proficient in linux administration (bash scripting, system hardening, best practices)
- Experience in the use of complex AWS cloudformation stacks
- Experience with setting up complex AWS IAM policies and roles
- Proficient and full understanding on how to create your own Docker containers and use AWS ECS to deploy these
- Experienced in setting up non-standard/complex Apache/Nginx configurations (rewrite rules, proxy, …)
- Advanced knowledge on tuning Postgresql/Mysql DB
- Experience in AWS cost saving
- Experience with system monitoring
- Network security (especially AWS WAF & security groups)
Primary tools and technologies we use
- AWS services (EC2, Cloudformation, ECS, Route53, Elasticsearch, VPC, ELB/ALB routing, elasticache – redis, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFRONT, API GW, Cloudwatch)
- Grafana/Prometheus (for monitoring)
- Docker (including hub.docker.com)
- Nginx (Ideally with Lua knowledge)
- AWS Serverless Computing
- MySQL, MariaDB & Postgresql
- Bash scripting
- PHP, Grails, Java, Node.js
- REST/SOAP API knowledge