Arspectra is a medical technology company specialized in the design of novel augmented reality glasses and solutions. Developing advanced micro optoelectronic devices and navigation platforms in partnership with renowned European research institutions, Arspectra proposes unique proprietary technology. In close collaboration with physicians, specialists, and medical device developers we tailor our platform to specific medical conditions and applications in order to achieve the most performing and user-friendly guidance tool.
Joining Arspectra means joining a team dedicated to provide technology that improves operational success for its users, and achieve more and better patient treatment outcomes. Arspectra’s core development focuses on removing current time- and concentration-intensive bottlenecks by facilitating the common communication, perception and subjective mapping procedures. Arspectra is a pioneer company in the field of medical augmented reality platforms and is looking for sharp and motivated team members that share Arspectra’s vision in order to help shape the future of the emerging augmented reality in the medical sector.
Primary Function Of Position
Responsible for Arspectra’s day-to-day activities and operations, you will work closely with engineering groups, senior business developers, partners, and clients. In this fast paced and dynamic role you will coordinate various teams and keep their developments aligned with the overall company plans and deadlines. You must excel in working in a high-energy, flexible team environment, be able to quickly generate solutions to operational bottlenecks, and have a commitment to exceeding customer or partner expectations. This position requires a quick learner, the ability to work independently, and demonstrated ability to drive efficiency. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required, as is the ability to make work fun and interesting.
Roles And Responsibilities
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Management of the overall company operations towards medical device developments, commercialization, and follow-up.
- Keeping the scope, timeline, resources to meet the overall company objectives.
- Setting policies and guidelines for how to complete tasks, and connecting groups to work together to solve problems as they arise.
- Managing the company operations by identifying critical path, constraints, contingencies and mitigations to achieve overall objectives.
- Analyzing situations and make decisions geared toward the company’s best interests.
- Working across the organization to create and align functional support and input for the different projects while managing their administration and budgets.
- Engaging in cost-benefit analysis for productions and oversight on their methods so that output is at peak efficiency levels.
- Organizing and leading related meetings.
- Identifying key mutually-beneficial partnerships for developments and distribution.
- Contributing to device development and commercialization optimization via lessons learned, resource leveling, process input and sharing and developing best practices.
- Adjusting the workflow, updating company policies, reassigning tasks, hiring and training new employees to improve efficiency in the operation.
- Staying on top of legal issues and best practices.
- Communication and representation of the company to the public and project partners.
In order to adequately perform these responsibilities, the individual must have:
- A big-picture perspective.
- Academic degree (Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent) in engineering and/or business. Finance or other related fields will be considered in conjunction with experience.
- Several years of experience as an operational manager, project manager and/or other leadership position.
- Experience working in a medical device company or similarly regulated business.
- Pro-active, problem-solving and client-driven attitude as good team player are a must to resolve complex company challenges; routinely steady the teams when stressed; lead by example.
- Strong management, planning, and change management skills with good listening, motivation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, set actionable goals and drive metrics.
- Experience with schedule, budget, accounting, and risk management tools.
- Experience with market analyses and grant writing.
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well with all levels of an organization and in a cross functional team environment.
- Pragmatic and rigorous mindset with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong relationship building, customer focus and facilitation skills. Able to clearly articulate complex issues in simple terms and concise manner.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) and documentation skills.
- Familiar experience with start-up operations and the European start-up scene a plus.
- Experience in common software tools (MS Office).
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English. Mastering other languages is a plus.
- Full-time, Mid-Senior level job position as Operations Manager.
- A leading position and chance to get involved in a promising European MedTech Startup with a global market.
- Help shape a growing, fast-paced and innovative technology platform with exciting and challenging projects, open to your creative ideas and input.
- A room to grow further with the diversification of the solutions offered and the markets approached.
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours and locations.
- A flat hierarchy and direct communication channels to a motivated team.