A Data Scientist in Job Today will join a small, versatile team. We do things end to end, from data engineering to deep dive analysis and connecting to user facing features. Ultimately we aim to generate results, driven by user behavior and motivations.
We’re at a pivotal point with some cool projects getting off the ground where you can influence and shape things.
What will you do:
- Design and analyze AB tests, interactions and follow up experiments
- Define tracking requirements and ensure implementation meets requirements
- Clean your data as well as build your data pipeline, production ready or for ad hoc purposes
- Work closely with product managers, data scientists, data engineers, developers, and designers to deliver data, insights and recommendations effectively
- Analyze our users’ behaviors to inform feature development
- Analyze our product performance to inform prioritization and identification of opportunities
- Be part of building features that involve recommendation and matching engines and apply relevant advanced techniques to optimize performance thereof
- Keywords that may be relevant depending on what you’d work on: segmentation, predictive modeling, experimental design, machine learning,
Skills and Background:
- Ideally a masters degree or higher at a relevant scientific degree such as Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Psychology, Econometrics or Statistics
- Experience in mobile, B2C, data driven environment
- Advanced SQL
- Big data experience (Hadoop, Redshift, Big Query etc.)
- R and or Python
- Theoretical and ideally practical statistical analysis experience in various methods
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts
- High attention to detail
- Advantage: experience with BI/reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau etc.
- Advantage: experience with data engineering, ETL building and maintenance, data model structure
- Advantage: machine learning experience
- Direct and honest
- Independence and entrepreneurial while communicating to relevant stakeholders
- Customer centric
- Results oriented
JOB TODAY is the #1 app for jobs in restaurants, hotels, shops and more. We use mobile technology to help millions of people find a job in 24 hours. Our easy to use platform empowers employers to take ownership of their hiring and connect with jobseekers in the fastest and most efficient way possible.
With over 150 million job applications made on our platform since our launch in 2015, we are reducing barriers, and connecting people to jobs making opportunities available for everyone.
Backed by one of the world’s leading venture capital firms and with offices across London and Luxembourg, we’ve built a growing team of over fifty people as diverse as our users. From product development to customer service, we believe that different backgrounds help us provide our users with the best experience.
Join us on a mission to help everyone find a job the same day!
Interested? Apply now!
Please fill out the form (click here) to apply for this position. We will usually come back to you within one week. If you don’t hear back from us within two weeks, you can assume that your applications has been unsuccessful.