Koosmik provides financial services through a mobile app targeting the youth and, primarily, unbanked populations in Africa. Users have access to a free mobile wallet as a hub of services, including payments, micro-loans, savings and insurance. Koosmik is a Luxembourg-based corporation with operations in Togo. An award winning company since 2019, with two significant prizes at Paris Fintech Forum and CES Las Vegas, Koosmik is confident in its ability to build on its initial traction. With more than 60 000 users, Koosmik is now looking to accelerate growth and expand further in Togo and across the continent. Led by two entrepreneurs (Claude Grunitzky – Chairman and Grégoire Yakan Founder & CEO), Koosmik is backed by seasoned, high profile investors. The company managed to raise more than 1M€ in July 2017 and an additional 2M€ in May 2019.
Latest awards & recognition:
- Alibaba Jumpstarter San Francisco SemiFinals Winner – October (2019)
- Best Fintech in Europe (Luxembourg) – Valuer Edition (July 2019)
- Special Award – Paris Fintech Forum (January 2019)
- Jury’s favorite Award – CES Las Vegas (January 2019)
We ensure a positive work environment, while encouraging productivity that will enable employees to achieve their goals. Our corporate culture focuses on achieving results quickly and building a dream team, which sometimes feels like a second family. In that spirit, we organize several public and internal events that aim to encourage teamwork and bonding around shared moments.
Visit our LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook pages to discover our daily life at Koosmik.
We are looking for a super developer. With some years of experience on web application development, but still thirty to learn new things. You are a self-taught but you know how to work with a team.
You already have participated on GitHub to some projects or you even have your own.
Duties and Responsibility
- You will assist a senior developer, which will teach you about our infrastructure
- You know how to write high quality code. Readable and optimal.
- You know how to optimize codebase, or follow instructions to do it
- You will teach juniors and interns how to do great coding and be an awesome sensei
- You know git well, and you mastered pull request
- You are proficient in React.js and React Native. And Redux have no secret to you.
- You know about EcmaScript new features and used them with babel
- You have already worked with Typescript
- You mastered some php frameworks (particularly Symfony 3 or 4)
- You know how to use Docker and Docker-compose
- You know mySQL and postgreSQL, even without ORM.
- You have a github account, and you already have your own projects, OR you did some pull- requests
- You use Unix-like OS (linux / macosx) for development
Nice to have
- You are familiar to RESTful APIs
- You have knowledge about Api authentication like Json web token
- You have great experience with yarn/npm, babel, eslint, webpack, composer
- You have already work with nodeJS
- You know how to write tests
- You have some knowledge about sysadmin and deployment
- You already use amazon web service, for work or for your own usage
- You like Python 😉
firstname.lastname@example.org [EMAIL & PDF ONLY]
Koosmik has always strived to respond to all applications, recently and facing our rapid growth, we apologize for any late response or lack of response that could occur in case we are overwhelmed by applications. We also advise you to attach your references, productions and recommendations to strengthen your application from the start and maximize your chance of being interviewed quickly.