- Role: DevOps Engineer
- Reports to: Platform Principal Engineer
- Location: Glasgow/Luxembourg
- Department: Engineering
- Number of Roles: 1
Digital Barriers are looking for a DevOps Engineer to maintain a mix of cloud environments and internal tooling. The ideal candidate will be somebody with experience of deploying services on AWS, documenting and supporting them.
The role will involve working closely with the development team and a multi-national telco who are deploying our technology. The goal is to create robust, repeatable and easily supportable deployments.
- Maintain existing cloud deployments
- Create new deployments as customers are onboarded or expand into new regions
- Work with development teams to encourage best practises in cloud environments
- Automate current manual processes
- Augment automation to cover additional cloud vendors such as Azure
- Extensive experience deploying on a cloud service, ideally AWS.
- Strong knowledge of continuous delivery and automation tools, ideally Terraform & Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of Linux, ideally Ubuntu and RedHat
- Experience working with containers, Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- Understanding of version control systems, ideally GIT
- Knowledge of best practices around security and disaster recovery
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Candidates must be willing to undergo Basic Disclosure Scotland checks prior to commencing employment
About the Company
Digital Barriers plc (www.digitalbarriers.com) was established in 2009 to provide advanced surveillance technologies to the international Homeland Security and defence markets. We bring innovative new thinking and solutions to the protection of our most critical national assets, locations and infrastructure. We combine a long heritage in the security and defence sectors, with operational expertise and an understanding of how best to apply and deploy emerging technologies.
We work with governments, multinational corporations and system integrators on the most complex and critical surveillance challenges across defence, law enforcement, critical infrastructure and mass transportation markets.
Our technology is designed to work in remote, hostile, and mobile environments, or to support the large-scale surveillance schemes that underpin public safety and security. Today we support the operations of government and law enforcement agencies all over the world. We also protect high-profile locations such as borders, airports, military bases, oil and gas facilities and public transportation systems.
Our technical architects, product specialists and design engineers assist organisations in developing surveillance capabilities that provide the intelligence to inform critical decision-making.
Join the team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.