Allen & Overy is a truly global law firm with more than 5,200 staff, including close to 2,720 lawyers and more than 530 partners working in 44 offices in 31 countries.
Allen & Overy Luxembourg is one of the leading law firms in Luxembourg. Our international network gives us the opportunity to provide cross-border advice with stellar quality in combination with expert local knowledge.
To support our Banking team, we are currently looking for: Experienced Banking Lawyer (m/f)
Our Banking department specialises in international banking work, including regulatory work, syndicated lending, investment grade, leveraged acquisition finance and debt restructuring. You will join a dynamic team advising amongst others investment banks, international commercial banks, investment funds, governments and public entities requiring advanced legal advice for complex transactions.
Skills & experience we are looking for:
- You possess a law degree and you are qualified in Luxembourg or another European jurisdiction; an LL.M. from an American or English university would be considered as an advantage.
- You have four to six years of experience in a law firm based in Luxembourg, gained in a banking department.
- You have a passion for financial markets and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and client service are essential to our business and the business of our clients.
- You have the ability to meet deadlines and deal with cross-border transactional work.
- You are a team player and you are able to lead more junior lawyers.
- You are dynamic, flexible, and proactive and have excellent communication skills.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English, French. German and Luxembourgish are an asset.
What are we offering:
- You will work in a truly diverse environment and on cross-border projects
- You will benefit from first-class legal and soft skills training that will greatly contribute to your career and personal development
- You will work in a highly collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment, and you will be part of a team that helps you learn and succeed
- Fast-thinking & a self-starter? If you like taking initiative, and think and act like an entrepreneur, we are the right place for you!
If your profile fits the above description, send us your CV and cover letter. Apply for this job online.