For one of its customers, Data Essential is seeking for a freelance and/or delegated employee to take care of the following mission.
The DevOps Consultant is responsible for the monitoring and integration with the other technological components of the company. He/she works jointly with the project teams, to assist them with their technical decisions and in the implementation of those, while ensuring they meet the project needs. He/she also works on Proof of Concepts that highlight the value of a DevOps approach. Finally, he/she documents the best practices for the customer.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Help in the redaction of technical design and implementation design documents and works with the project management to ensure all project requirements are met
- Short term Proof of Concepts that highlight the value of the DevOps approach
- Implement continuous delivery pipelines
- Develops and documents best practices for the customer
- Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language (Java, Go, Python, Ruby), Java being our preference
- Experience in the configuration management tool Puppet
- Have hands-on experience with large distributed systems from a deployment point of view
- Have an understanding of IaaS and PaaS (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Have an understanding of orchestration framework (Kubernetes, Cattle or Swarm)
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Proficiency in French and English
- Start of the mission: as soon as possible
- Apply on https://www.data-essential.com/careers/