Reading Time: 1 minute
For one of its customers, Data Essential is seeking for a freelance and/or delegated employee to take care of the following mission.
The Linux Admin is responsible for taking care of the existing infrastructure by improving its monitoring and by adjusting it with precision. He/she is also in charge of implementing the new technologies according to the customer’s needs. He/she works on solving incidents and problems, especially when they need an expert knowledge. At last, he/she has to maintain the processes and documentation related to the good performance of the Linux server cluster.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Administer existing server infrastructure
- Perform resource monitoring, performance tuning, and scaling of infrastructure with system/application rollouts and security design
- Implement and engineer solutions based on customer and business needs
- Provide technical expertise needed to resolve complex issues
- Creating and maintaining systems, infrastructure, procedural and process documentation
- Extensive experience with Linux operating systems (Redhat, Ubuntu, Debian)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex information networks, systems, and applications
- Good level security skills including the ability to establish security processes and controls, perform security audits and remediation
- Have a deep understanding of management softwares (Ansible, Puppet)
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Proficiency in French and English
- Start of the mission: as soon as possible
Apply to this position online. Click here.