We are looking for a hands-on company lawyer with a thorough business, technical, financial industry compliance and digital B2B product understanding, who will oversee and handle the company’s legal matters such as agreement and other legal document drafting and management, help with client negotiations and contribute to product definitions and validations for our KYC, bank compliance, payments and other FinTech products. In addition to this, an active role for the design and management of our compliance, risk management and data protection frameworks will be part of the job. You will report directly to the company’s co-founders.
You should have a valid (min. 3 years) experience with the financial industry and a fair knowledge of both technical services agreements drafting/negotiations and EU (ideally also Luxembourg) financial industry regulation topics (compliance, AML/KYC, outsourcing, data protection and/or payments). A good understanding of processes, business models and setups for digital products and services in the financial industry (SaaS, PaaS, outsourcing, cloud …) would be quite helpful. You should have a law degree.
The COMPANY | About US:
Finologee (www.finologee.com) is one of Luxembourg’s prime financial Platform-as-a-Service operators, facilitating the financial industry’s quest for optimisation and innovation with its compliant platforms and digital products for KYC, bank compliance, bank & mobile payments, telecom routing/micropayments and remote authorisation/signature. The company is serving more than 100 banks and institutions, handles hundreds of millions of transactions on their behalf and its founders have been continuously paving the way for FinTech ‘made in Luxembourg’ for more than 20 years. Finologee is based in Leudelange with a staff of 30 and holds a double ‘Support PFS’ licence, under the supervision of the financial services regulator CSSF.
More about what it means to work at Finologee: http://jobs.finologee.com
With us you will:
- Oversee and handle legal matters of the company: you will be the go-to person for legal topics and issues, reporting to the CEO (who is in charge of legal and the product strategy) and the CFO (who is overseeing the compliance, risk, data protection and product sourcing frameworks). This means that you’ll have to manage, improve and maintain the company’s agreements with partners/suppliers and clients. You’ll draft and handle various categories of agreements, product and service T&Cs, partnership agreements and MoUs, SLAs, DPAs and other legal documents. You will assist our business teams in negotiations with clients. You will monitor the legal and regulatory evolution in relevant industries (financial services and telecommunications). You will also be involved in our product definition and validation processes: given the nature and context of products we develop (AML/KYC, payments, regulatory reporting, outsourcing by regulated entities, e-signature …), regulatory compliance is a key component, both for us and for our clients that use these products to remain/become compliant with financial industry regulation.
- Contribute to internal compliance, risk, data protection and product sourcing frameworks : You’ll also help the company’s compliance, risk, data protection and product sourcing functions and departments with designing, challenging, drafting, validating, implementing and monitoring processes, procedures, policies and best practices, and in dealing with auditors, the regulator and other authorities.
What we expect from you:
- You should have a Law degree (Bachelor or LL.M.)
- At least 3 years relevant experience, typically in a FinTech company, with a law firm, a consultancy or with a service provider to the financial industry, dealing with (technical) services agreements and regulatory compliance (AML/KYC, payments/PSD2, outsourcing, e-signature, risk management, data protection …)
- A fair knowledge of technical services agreements, terms and conditions, service level agreements, DPAs and other relevant legal document drafting and negotiation
- A very good understanding, a deep passion and a genuine curiosity for digital, technology-driven and (ideally) financial industry products, business models and ecosystems
- Both an audit/risk management experience and partnership/procurement management skills would be useful
- To be fluent in English and to have (at least) a good command of French
In return you will get:
- A position where you will play an active role in a variety of steps and contexts of digital product building for the financial industry, from the concept to delivery and operations, where you can truly make a difference
- The opportunity to become a part of one of the prime FinTech teams in Luxembourg, with highly-skilled industry experts, led by entrepreneurs that have been shaping successful digital finance products and building ecosystems for more than 20 years
- The opportunity to be part of a multicultural and startup-minded team
- A nice place to work: spacious and modern offices located in the Leudelange business district, close to Luxembourg-City with easy access by bus or car
We are a Luxembourg homegrown FinTech and RegTech specialist and we run a trusted and versatile digital platform that simplifies connectivity between financial institutions and a variety of FinTech solution providers, essentially enabling an “App” repository for our institutional clients. Founded in 2017, we are a team of about thirty different personalities sharing one common passion: Digitisation. To further boost our value proposition, we operate in alliance with market experts such as EBRC for hosting and managed services, KPMG for PSD2 regulatory reporting and advisory and Société Générale for FinTech start-up support in the context of its #LePlateauLux initiative, and with many other players.