I. JOB TITLE
Title: Head of Finance and Administration
Working hours: Part-time or Full-time
Place of work: Luxembourg
Starting date: ASAP
II. THE COMPANY
Air-X Smart Technologies is a Private Equity group portfolio company spin-off recently incorporated. It is an international start-up based in Luxembourg with the idea that everyone deserves clean air to live and work.
Did you know that Indoor Air could be up to 10 times more polluted than Outdoor Air? Have you ever thought about the time and the care you put into what you eat and drink? But did you ever think about what you breathe and how it can affect your health, your well-being and your productivity? We have the technology to solve this and help the work environment become a better place to breathe.
Especially in the BtoB World, the Indoor Air Quality issue comes on top of the already core existing challenges that companies are facing: increase their competitiveness via better productivity and decrease their environmental impact. Controlling the Indoor Air Quality is actually one of the key elements to achieve both of these challenges.
Do you want to know more about us?
Air-X Smart Technologies is the result of a 6 year R&D project by a university research lab specialised in gas identification and measurement, its gas-sensing engineering spin-off company and an internationally renowned institute of chemical technology. Resulting from these years of R&D, we built a unique technology 100% ‘Made in Europe’ to measure and monitor Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) with Professionals, and for Professionals.
We want to help companies of any size to make visible the invisible. We want to help them thrive with healthier Indoor Air Quality work environment and more productive indoor spaces while lowering their energy consumption.
We are building a talented team of Indoor Air Quality enthusiasts. Do you feel passionate about Indoor Air Quality? Then join us on our journey!
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can manage all financial processes of our company.
You will be accountable for the company finances, including accounting, cash management and collection financial reporting, payroll, investor communication. As in most start-up environments, the candidate should also be able to support the company in secondary administrative tasks such as office management, suppliers, banking and other HR/recruitment management. As a member of the Executive Committee, you will directly influence the decisions that will determine the future of the company.
If you are an IAQ enthusiast and have the required financial background, and thrive in a dynamic and versatile environment, constantly improving the quality of our customer’s IAQ, this is a position for you, join us now!
III. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a member of the Executive Committee, you will:
- pro-actively put forward proposals for the organization of all financial processes.
- Prepare and present the financial reports for the Executive Committee / Board of Directors.
- provide support for long term strategic planning.
- prepare yearly budgets and monthly follow-up reports including cash flow management.
- Act as the main point of contact for addressing any inquiries and questions related to financial operations.
- Own, maintain and manage all company’s financial documents: P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Own monthly reporting to management and directors.
- Develop financial policies and procedures for operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain financial statements for future reference.
- Develop financing strategy of the company.
- Ensure that financial operational activities are executed and delivered as per the standards set by the company.
- Approve third party payments according to planned and approved budgets.
- Manage account payables and receivables activities.
- Conduct finance audit periodically and recommend improvements.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget.
- Make sure that all accounting documents are available to external accountants.
- Review and validate all official reports and declarations (VAT, direct revenue tax, etc.) prepared by the external accountant.
- Manage applications for public funding and/or support due diligence reports in the light of private funding.
- Define internal KPIs (costs, margins, sales and finance) to measure the success of the company.
- Participate in discussions about production costs (BoM, etc.)
- Other support tasks:
- Manage office and storage space.
- Organize logistics and fulfilment process.
- Facilitate HR processes : employment contracts, payroll, vacation, etc.
- Put in place a time reporting system and a process to manage flexible working hours for the employees.
IV. EXPECTED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration or equivalent.
- 5-10 years of experience in accounting and finance a, preferably in a small to medium sized company.
- Good understanding of accounting software.
- Experience obtaining public funding and identifying external investors.
- Knowledge of the Luxembourgish laws governing private enterprises and their workforce is an advantage.
- Experience with IT and / or agile companies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent multitasking and management skills.
- Ability to efficiently solve issues remotely.
- A desire to learn new technologies and continuously develop new skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and go beyond your comfort zone.
- Confident, high energy, self-motivated and a true team player.
- Well-organized, proactive, with a high attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Fluent English and French or German required, additional languages are an advantage.
If you feel you have the skills we expect and more, sign up for the job above! Please send you application and CV via email at email@example.com.