The House of Startups and the Luxembourg Business Angel Network are looking to hire a new team member, full time for 12 months (fixed-term contract)
The House of Startups (HoST) was set up in 2017 by the Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce with the ambition to become a driving force behind the startup and innovation ecosystem in Luxembourg. HoST’s mission is to federate, promote and support the startup ecosystem but also the innovation needs of businesses and other organizations. HoST supports and promotes innovation, the creation of innovative startups and the diversification of the economy. This approach creates jobs, contributes to economic growth, and also brings out new trends as well as promising startups.
The HoST is also an innovation campus of nearly 6,000 square metres spread out over five floors in the heart of the city of Luxembourg. It welcomes a diverse community as home to several innovation hubs, including the Luxembourg House of Financial Technology (LHoFT), Luxembourg-City Incubator, Hub@Luxembourg, and International Climate Finance Accelerator (ICFA) Luxembourg.
The Luxembourg Business Angel Network (LBAN) is a non-profit organization having the mission to federate all private investors in Luxembourg and its Greater Region, to inspire and provide them with all the relevant tools and resources so to support them in their investment activities, as well as to give them access to its large network.
If you are looking for an opportunity to take on an exciting role, LBAN and HoST are joining forces to hire for a new position. LBAN is looking for a new Manager while HoST for a Community Manager (maternity cover), making it a full-time job. You will be in charge of:
EU Tribe (launched by the Host) :
- Management and expansion of a large network of startup incubators and accelerators in the Greater Region
- Organization of network activities and events (networking, sharing of experiences, side events, etc.)
- Communication management (web, press releases, communication supports, fairs and exhibitions, etc.)
- Implementation and management of shared tools (calendar, communication, listing, etc.)
- Management and expansion of a large network of business angels and other early-stage investors, professionals, policy makers, technologists, and innovators
- Adopt and promote relevant market and business know-how, training, and best practices through the provision of teaching, training, toolkits, workshops, events, news, communication, etc.
- Channel deal-flow to business angels and facilitate matchmaking of investors and start-ups
- Perform administrative tasks to keep network running
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
The successful candidate will need to be well organized and learn fast, as the role requires the following requirements:
- hold a bachelor’s degree
- have experience as a community manager or similar tasks of at least 3 years
- have a good understanding of the operations and culture of both organizations. Although both organizations are part of the entrepreneurial ecosystem and can have some similarities, each of them has a distinctive Corporate set of objectives and a set of activities.
- have in-depth knowledge of the Luxembourg and European startup and business angel ecosystems
- have excellent written and oral expression skills in English and a good level in French
- fluency in Luxembourgish and German is considered a definite asset
As the role is equally split at 50% for each organization, the successful candidate will need to be self-disciplined, have a good time management.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to learn more about the Luxembourg startup and business angel ecosystems as it evolves. He/she will autonomous and act as a good Ambassador for both organizations.
- a unique opportunity to be in charge of two important networks and to work for both major organizations of the startup and business angel ecosystems
- a diversified and stimulating work environment with multiple facets in close contact with the startup and business angel ecosystems
an attractive remuneration in relation to your education and current experience as well as your professional qualities
- being a part of vibrant team and a dynamic working environment in the centre Luxembourg-City
INFO & APPLICATION
Full time for 12 months (fixed-term contract).
For more info & to submit ✍️ your candidacy ▶️ https://bit.ly/39mNcx4