VISION & EXECUTION
Our goal is to help people around the globe to understand air pollution and get means to fight it.
We were first to bring to market an affordable and connected air quality monitor. It was a great challenge and a tremendous rewarding one, we now have the largest install base of connected air quality sensors in the world.
We now embed our technology in a growing number of products and services to leverage our impact on air pollution.
JAVA / SCALA BACKEND DEVELOPER (LUXEMBOURG)
Only apply if your internship is part of your curriculum and if you are able to relocate to Luxembourg for the length of the internship. We provide free accommodation for interns.
- You have previously worked on backend development project with a Java code base.
- You are rigorous and organized. Comfortable writing, speaking and reporting in English.
- You like to think about data as flux and to architecture applications processing large dataset, producing scalable and efficient code.
- If you have knowledge or experience of Scala, that’s an asset.
- Product oriented, flexible and ready to understand the reality behind a dataset.
- You want to challenge your skills in an environment practicing latest innovation in software development coming from Silicon Valley.
- Code software for our distributed backend platform; follow up and analyze the performances of the packages you develop.
- Identify and document the approach, break down complex tasks and resolve them through individual contribution or existing software packages.
- Take part of architecture, development, testing and release of our cloud service, which collects, processes and streams data from our devices and partners’ devices.
- Work closely with our data scientists as well as with the embedded software developers.
Check our tech blog to know what we do:
Check our github to know how we do it:
As a start-up we tackle the air pollution problem with data, sensors and machine learning. We are a growing team of less than 20 committed individuals of 6 different nationalities. If you want to make a difference, consider taking part of this exciting journey.
We are only seeking the best to join us. Though our definition for the most interesting individuals differs from old established companies. We welcome self-taught individuals, and no matter how little experience you have we require that you have achieved something you are proud of, could be art, work, sport, or else. Please never refrain from sharing that with us! Even if it is not linked to your professional career or totally out of regular boundaries of the corporate world.
Inouk Bourgon, cto