As a Junior Systems Engineer you will support and maintain the cloud operations of our platforms and you will ensure our high uptime and performance requirements. In collaboration with other IT functions, you will provide input into the technical vision of Doctena. You will combine your technical experience with your understanding of the business to ensure the success in the defined lifecycle of the services and projects of your area.
You will remain hands in and work with teams to develop infrastructure/operations solutions in a highly paced agile, cloud based environment. You will champion our operational practices to ensure a high quality outcome for our business.
Doctena is experiencing massive growth and our traffic and user numbers increase by two-digit percentages every month.
Your Work Environment
You will join a team of young passionate people dedicated to building the best online medical service offering in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, and Germany. For this position you are preferably based in Luxembourg or Berlin but other BENELUX/DACH locations can also be considered. You will directly report to our Head of Infrastructure.
We offer a full-time contract with attractive salary package and benefits according to your experience.
We consider working for a promising start-up to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them.
We are a young fast-growing company. Strong performers have heaps of opportunities to grab.
- You have proven skills in systems administration (Linux, Docker), configuration management, automation
- You know best practices in implementing solutions that scale and perform for millions of users, adopting SOA patterns
- You bring skills in cloud operations, especially Amazon Web Services (Solution architect – associate would be an advantage)
- You are hands-in, result-oriented, practical, and not afraid of unknown situations
- You embrace DevOps and are a team player
- You speak and write English, French is considered an advantage
Detailed skill requirements
- Proficient in linux administration (bash scripting, system hardening, best practices)
- Experience in the use of complex AWS cloudformation stacks
- Manage and create your own Docker containers and use AWS ECS to deploy these
- Experienced in setting up non-standard/complex Apache/Nginx configurations (rewrite rules, proxy, …) is considered an advantage
- Advanced knowledge on tuning Postgresql/Mysql DB is considered an advantage
Primary tools and technologies we use
- AWS services (EC2, Cloudformation, ECS, Route53, Elasticsearch, VPC, ELB/ALB routing, elasticache – redis, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFRONT, API GW, Cloudwatch)
- Grafana/Prometheus (for monitoring)
- AWS Serverless Computing
- MySQL, MariaDB & Postgresql
- Bash scripting