WEO, Water Information from Earth Observations, was formed with an aim to improve global water management and assist in making this essential life resource more sustainable. WEO is developing algorithms and products which use broad Earth Observation (EO) image information from a range of satellites and other sources to intelligently process into usable, accessible and accurate products for the essential requirement of water resource management. WEO is part of both the space-tech and water resource management sectors and this unique specialisation in both data science (earth observation data processing) and water resource management (hydrology). WEO strives to improve global water resource management and improve sustainability for all.
WEO is a young start-up, in Luxembourg providing exciting projects covering current environmental issues for you to join.
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer/Computer Scientist (GIS, Remote Sensing and Computer Vision). Join us and help us and help solve the water crisis!
- Convert raw satellite data into value added information applying a combination of image processing and machine learning
- Process data using cloud infrastructure.
- Apply computer vision and machine learning techniques to satellite imagery to deduce characteristics of interest.
- Develop tools to assess algorithm accuracy.
Qualifications & Skills
- Masters’ degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field Excellent Python and C/C++ programming skills including debugging, performance analysis, and test design
- Demonstrable interest in Machine Learning and Computer Vision, such as coursework, open-source contribution, etc
- Proven experience with OpenCV, scikit-learn, SciPy, PySpark
- Experience with visual object detection/object recognition, image segmentation, image classification, visual search
- Experience with development of customized Deep Learning networks like CNN: experience with the following frameworks: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- Experience in Google Earth Engine or similar will be useful as well as geospatial libraries, formats and APIs (e.g. GDAL, geoJSON)
- Experience with high performance or large-scale computing infrastructure will be useful
- Familiarity with cloud systems (AWS/Google Cloud) and cloud infrastructure is a plus
- A good sense for team-work, open-minded and the ability to take initiative.
- The ability to interact with a diverse range of people and build on the existing enjoyable working atmosphere
We can offer a positive and inspiring working atmosphere in a small team, introduction to the start-up scene, liaison with project sponsors in the space field as well as the chance to help improve the management of our water resources and planning of more sustainable cities.
Term: a 6-month contract with the potential for a longer contract following the conclusion of the project
Location: Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Start Date: to be advised
For further information please email: email@example.com
Please apply with your CV and cover letter by the 30th of September. Applicants will be assessed as applications are received.