The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The University of Luxembourg (hereafter “UL”) is seeking for a highly motivated:
Mentoring Program Officer (m/f)
Fixed-term contract (24 months)
Full time (40 hours / week)
The University of Luxembourg is laying the foundation of a thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem by offering a mentoring service: the “Venture Mentoring Service (VMS)”. The VMS is a sister program of the prestigious MIT Venture Mentoring Service which mission is to support students, researches, employees and alumni in the journey of creating a successful business through the power of team mentoring. Each mentoring team is formed by highly experienced and motivated professionals who volunteer their time to shape a new generation of risk takers.
Since the development of entrepreneurial skills as part of the formal education are nascent, it will also be your mission to put in place the mechanisms needed to help the beneficiaries be ready to benefit from the program.
This Venture program is one of the core of the entrepreneurs support offered by the University of Luxembourg Entrepreneurship programme and wants to not only leverage the existing Luxembourg ecosystem but place Luxembourg to position itself as a hot entrepreneurial ecosystem and startup nation.
To realize this vision and as the program evolves from pilot to full implementation, the University of Luxembourg looks for an experienced and highly motivated Mentoring Program Officer who will be supported by the program administration in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
Based on Belval campus, The Mentoring Program Officer initiates and develops relationships in entrepreneurial, professional, and academic communities, develop resource programs available for entrepreneurs. He/she will be responsible for planning, overseeing, counseling, and evaluate the interaction of entrepreneurs, mentors, and professional resources while maintaining high quality and rigor in alignment with the mission of the venture program.
Your Tasks (non-exhaustive list):
With the support of the Program Administrator you will lead:
- Screen all potential mentor candidates through background checks and interviews
- Identify and match resources (mentor, professional services) to entrepreneurs
- Organize events and develop/execute the agenda (including the support to prepare all material for mentors/mentees meetings)
- Oversee on-going mentor/mentee relationship
- Periodic mentors meetings feedback/debrief + support
- Manage mentee reporting, periodic face-to-face mentees performance/feedback debrief, providing instruction, advice and encouragement to entrepreneurs
- Lead the VMS Program administrator to ensure administrative needs of services are met
- Monitor scheduling of mentoring meetings
- Participate in team meetings with mentor- mentee when required
- Maintain and expand relationships with pool of Mentors
- Design, populate and manage the data platform and infrastructure
- Implement financial plan and control expenses
- Maintain and expand relationships with Luxembourgish Startup ecosystem and external entrepreneurs
- Participate to all internal meetings
- Support company creation by pointing the right resources with Luxembourgish institutions
- Implement and manage the Mentoring processes and procedures that support the mentors and mentees from day one
- Perform any other tasks as part of the function
- Related experience working in a start-up organization or early stage venture capital firm would be an advantage
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Excellent organizational, planning and execution skills (e.g. ability to prioritize tasks)
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with mentors, ventures, alumni, students, staff, faculty and external entities
- Effective leadership and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytic skills, good judgment and discretion with confidential information, and knowledge of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Strong network at the Luxembourgish entrepreneurship ecosystem would be an advantage
In addition, the Mentoring Program Officer must be able to take initiative and anticipate needs, prioritize multiple assignments, meet deadlines, function both independently and as part of a team, work under pressure, and cultivate productive relationships at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
Deadline for applications: 30/09/2019.
The University is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for the position online. Click here.