Allen & Overy is a truly global law firm with more than 5,200 staff, including close to 2,720 lawyers and more than 530 partners working in 44 offices in 31 countries.
Allen & Overy is one of the leading law firms in Luxembourg. Our international network gives us the opportunity to provide cross-border advice with stellar quality in combination with expert local knowledge.
To support our Banking Regulatory team, we are currently looking for: Mid-Level Banking Lawyer specialised in regulatory matters (m/f)
Allen & Overy’s “practical and knowledgeable” team advises on transactional and regulatory work. We are experienced in assisting clients to obtain licenses as payment institutions, e-money institutions or investment firms in Luxembourg. You will join a dynamic team advising, amongst others, top tier financial institutions and other key financial players on financial sector regulation.
Skills & experience we’re looking for:
- You possess a law degree and you are qualified in Luxembourg or another European jurisdiction; an LL.M. from an American or English university would be considered as an advantage.
- You have two to four years of experience in a law firm based in Luxembourg, gained in a banking department.
- You have relevant regulatory experience obtained within private practice
- You have strong interest in or knowledge of AIFMD, AML, MIFID II or other regulatory legislation
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English and French. German would also be an asset
- You are a team player, proactive and have excellent communication skills
- You have a passion for financial markets and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and client service are essential to our business and the business of our clients
What are we offering:
- You will work in a truly diverse environment and on cross-border projects
- You will benefit from first-class legal and soft skills training that will greatly enhance your career and personal development
- You will work in a highly collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment, and be part of a team that helps you learn and succeed
Fast-thinking & a self-starter? If you like taking initiative, and think and act like an entrepreneur, we are the right place for you!
If your profile fits the above description, please send us your CV and cover letter. Apply for this job online.