JOB TODAY, Europe’s leading mobile hiring app that helps businesses find staff within 24 hours, is looking for brilliant and talented backend engineers to join us in revolutionizing recruitment. In the short time since launching in 2015, the company has attracted two hundred thousand employers, processed over 30 million job applications, and brought on board world-class investors such as Accel, Mangrove, Felix, and Flint. We’re at the top of the app charts and we’re making progress towards our dream: building a place where 100 million people come every single day to make their lives better.
What you will do
- Innovate, implement, and iterate on our Android, iOS and web clients
- Actively contribute to product strategy across the board
- Combine data, experience, and intuition to delight and astound our users
- Operate as a fullstack engineer, with ownership ranging across UI/UX through to the backend and covering all parts of the software lifecycle from concept through development, testing, and support
- Collaborate with others across our engineering, product, design and commercial teams
- Constantly learn and thrive off of new challenges
What you should have to land the job (today)
- Brilliance, creativity, curiosity, humility and diligence
- At least 5 years of experience in web or mobile development, preferably with ambitious B2C projects
- Startup mindset, a self-driven doer attitude
- Understanding of when you should go fast and when you should go slow
- Deep understanding of lean software development: build, measure, learn, iterate – code with a clear purpose and experiment with KPIs in mind
- Strong sense of responsibility to ship quick, quality releases in an app used by millions of users
- Solid foundation in general software engineering and both frontend and backend concepts
- Strong analytical problem solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience using object oriented, typed languages such as Java, C#, etc. on the backend
- Experience with Objective-C, Swift, React Native, and/or Java for mobile development is a big plus
- Professional working proficiency with English
- Overall, we believe that attitude and intelligence are more precious than knowledge of particular tools. Great candidates will have a great foundation and a great ability and passion to learn whatever may be missing.
Why you should join us
- You’ll be part of an international team building an exciting product with proven traction across multiple territories
- You’ll have significant ownership, autonomy and impact on a highly trafficked, sector leading app
- You’ll be part of a growing team and company, looking to make a real difference and be fabulously successful in the process
- You’ll be proud of your work, helping millions of people find jobs within 24 hours!
- You’ll get a competitive compensation package
- You’ll get to work in Luxembourg, an amazing country nestled between Belgium, France and Germany that’s great for families, outdoor enthusiasts, foodies, people who enjoy shorter commutes, Europhiles, and everyone in between. Visa sponsorship is a possibility for the right candidates.
When can you start?
- Please apply via LinkedIn or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct candidates only, please