Allen & Overy is a leading international law firm with more than 5,400 staff, including close to 2,300 lawyers and more than 550 partners working in 40 financial centres all over the world. With more than 100 lawyers, Allen & Overy, Luxembourg is one of the largest law firms in Luxembourg. Our international network gives us the opportunity to provide a global service with a stellar quality in combination with expert local legal knowledge.
To join and support our Corporate team, we are currently looking for:
Paralegal Officer in our Corporate / M&A Department (m/f)
The Corporate / M&A Department specialises in mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, major corporate restructurings and reorganisations, migrations, equity capital markets, joint ventures, real estate, general corporate law advice and corporate (pre-) litigation.
You will join a dynamic team working for leading corporations, banks, insurance and re-insurance companies, funds and other financial institutions, whether from Luxembourg or beyond.
We offer amongst others top quality training and personal development, interesting work in both an international and domestic environment, a competitive salary and attractive employee benefits.
Skills & experience we’re looking for:
- You have at least two years’ experience in a similar position in a law firm, in-house or in a reputable trust / domiciliation, or similar corporate services company.
- You have a background in law.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English and French. German is an asset.
- You pay attention to details, and have a practical and solution-orientated approach to work.
- You are well-organised and able to cope with a dynamic work environment.
- You are a team player, and have good communication skills.
What are we offering:
- You will support a range of client relationships and will handle all aspects of the company life-cycle, such as, among others:
- Preparation and assistance to board meetings
- Drafting of shareholders meetings including among others for incorporations, variations of share capital and liquidations
- Liaising with notaries and clients for KYC, PoAs and other formalities
- Drafting and amendment of certain types of contract (e.g., intragroup loan agreement, transfer agreements, etc.).
- Helping to organise signings and closings
- Be an active part and contribute to client relationship management
- You will work in a truly diverse environment and on cross-border, high profile projects.
- You will benefit from first-class legal and soft skills training that will significantly contribute to your career and personal development.
- You will work in a highly collaborative and intellectually stimulating environment, and you will be part of a dynamic team that helps you learn and succeed.
- You will benefit from a good work-life balance, with the hours being fixed to suit your needs.
Fast-thinking & a self-starter? If you like taking initiative, and think and act like an entrepreneur, we are the right place for you!