bitFlyer is the largest Bitcoin and blockchain company in Japan. We operate a virtual currency exchange and marketplace. We provide our customers with convenient and exciting ways to buy, sell and spend bitcoins.
Our vision is to build a truly global Bitcoin and blockchain company to reflect the international nature of the virtual currency. Our mission is to make the world simpler through blockchain.
bitFlyer was established in January 2014 in Tokyo. We have since established regional headquarters for the US in San Francisco and for the EU in Luxembourg. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and international team with a passion for virtual currency and blockchain technology.
We have raised over 4.1 billion yen (~$36 million) in venture capital funding. Our platform has facilitated over $250 billion in bitcoin trades in 2017.
We are backed by world-class investors including SMBC Venture Capital, Mizuho Capital, Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Dentsu Digital Holdings and SBI Investment.
We are looking for experienced Payment and Transaction Monitoring Specialists who will help us build a world-class and strong company by ensuring our middle- and back-end Customer Support operations run smoothly and that we are fully compliant. Ideal candidates have previous banking/finance industry experience. Familiarity and genuine interest in Bitcoin and blockchain technology is welcome and desirable.
We are really happy you have chosen to read our job description out of the myriad of other opportunities out there. It is indeed a unique and challenging opportunity to work for a leading player in this cutting-edge, rapidly-accelerating and revolutionary industry. You will be a vital part of our growth story and outstanding, passionate, friendly team.
- Monitor daily incoming and outgoing transactions performed by customers in order to assure compliance with established standards and local governmental financial regulations.
- Perform daily AML/KYC procedures in order to ensure that measures to prevent financial crimes are being taken and bitFlyer EU is avoiding fraudulent operations through its platform.
- Perform investigations on customers with diverse available tools in order to optimize decision making where necessary, and safeguard bitFlyer EU legal compliance.
- Identify suspicious activities and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR)
- Act as a link between Compliance and Customer Operations teams where necessary in order to support onboarding and bring solutions to customer issues as soon as possible.
- Contribute to creating procedures and policies related to transactions in order to structure service compliance with legal regulations and avoid fraudulent operations.
- Mediate with external banking institutions where necessary in order to bring solutions to customer issues as soon as possible
- Identify potential improvements for our Compliance and Customer Support program and take initiative to develop them in collaboration with the rest of the team members
- Another duties necessary for smooth office operations assigned by bitFlyer management
Desired skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-year experience in the financial industry or in a high-growth start-up.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office products.
- Banking/Financial/Payments industry operations experience with knowledge of banking products and services are required.
- Familiarity with AML, KYC, CTF, FATF, OFAC
- Experience in any of the following industries/areas are a plus: Online Payments, Crypto-currency.
- Experience in fraud prevention.
- Strong analytical and resolution skills.
- Experience in building operational procedures is a big plus.
- Ability to explain financial processes to non-financially educated team members.
- Any experience with technical issue resolution (incl. database queries/SQL) is a big plus.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at the same time in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Resilience to repetitiveness.
- Fluency in 2 or more European languages – fluent written and spoken English is obligatory.
- Preference for German, Dutch or French speakers.
- Japanese is a plus.
Apply for this position online. Click here.