Civil Maps, a provider of HD mapping technology for fully autonomous vehicles, has raised $17 million from leading investors such as Arm, Ford Motor Company, StartX Stanford, Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures.
Our mission is to enable machines to safely and efficiently navigate the world. We are a leader in creating scalable HD Semantic Maps and location-aware products using machine learning and artificial intelligence. Learn more: bit.ly/cmlocvideo
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related programs.
- 3D computer vision: structure from motion (SfM), stereo vision, visual SLAM, Visual (Inertial) Odometry
- Machine learning, esp. deep learning, applied to visual recognition or understanding, e.g. object recognition and localization, semantic segmentation, scene understanding, etc.
- Large-scale content-based image or video retrieval.
- Prior experience in pose estimation, probabilistic filtering, and/or nonlinear optimization
- Strong publication record and/or proven track record of delivering solid technologies or products in above areas is a large plus.
- Solid knowledge in fundamental algorithms and data structures.
- Programming proficiency in C++
- Comfortable building in undefined and dynamic environments
- One or more of the following skills will be a bonus:
- GPU programming: CUDA, OpenCL, OpenGL etc.
- Infrastructure of big data, high-performance computing and/or distributed system.
- Programming mobile or embedded devices, including code performance optimization.
- Development of web apps and/or micro-services.
- Passion for R&D and technical excellence, self-motivated, strong problem analysis and solving skills.
This position provides a tremendous platform for self-learning, enormous growth potential and once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make an impact on the future of the AV Industry. Apply Now.