Arspectra is a medical technology company specialized in the design of novel augmented reality glasses and solutions. Developing advanced micro optoelectronic devices and navigation platforms in partnership with renowned European research institutions, Arspectra proposes unique proprietary technology. In close collaboration with physicians, specialists, and medical device developers we tailor our platform to specific medical conditions and applications in order to achieve the most performing and user-friendly guidance tool.
Joining Arspectra means joining a team dedicated to provide technology that improves operational success for its users, and achieve more and better patient treatment outcomes. Arspectra’s core development focuses on removing current time- and concentration-intensive bottlenecks by facilitating the common communication, perception and subjective mapping procedures. Arspectra is a pioneer company in the field of medical augmented reality platforms and is looking for sharp and motivated team members that share Arspectra’s vision in order to help shape the future of the emerging augmented reality in the medical sector.
Primary Function Of Position
Responsible for developments in embedded electronics, you will work closely with Arspectra’s engineering groups and partners. In this fast-paced role, you will coordinate various efforts and keep the developments aligned with the overall company plans and deadlines. You must excel in working in a high-energy, flexible team environment, and have a commitment to exceeding customer or partner expectations. This position requires a quick learner, the ability to work independently, and demonstrated ability to drive efficiency. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required, as is the ability to make work fun and interesting.
Roles And Responsibilities
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Designing complex SOCs to meet the performance goals
- Working with the design team to define the functional goals
- Digital circuit design with a strong experience in FPGA Design
- Specifications review, developing designs and define micro architecture plans as well as on Test Bench plans
- Optimizing synthesis / place & route and timing
- Independently managing deliverables to align with project goals
- PCB design review
- Defining the embedded software architecture
In order to adequately perform these responsibilities, the individual must have:
- A master’s degree in electrical or electronics engineering or equivalent
- Over 5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of CPU and SOC architecture/design
- Excellent experience with VHDL or Verilog for complex IP design and implementation from scratch
- Excellent knowledge of the low level HDL implementation as core FPGA primitives
- Advanced experience and best-practice design skills in FPGA and high speed optimizations – familiar with the latest Xilinx FPGA technologies such as 7 series or Ultrascale+
- Experience programming – Unix, Tcl, C, C++, etc. including low-level programming (firmware) –
- A pragmatic, dedicated, and rigorous mindset with excellent analytical skills.
- A big-picture perspective and consider end-user and business aspects during important decision making processes within projects/product developments.
- A team-player mindset with the ability to clearly communicate, discuss ideas, and generate clear summaries and reports
- Good oral and writing skills in English. Mastering other languages is a plus.
- Full-time, Senior level job position as Embedded Engineering Manager.
- A leading position and chance to get involved in a promising European Startup with a global market.
- Help shape a growing, fast-paced and innovative technology platform with exciting and novel challenges, open to your creative ideas and input.
- A room to grow further with the diversification of the solutions offered and the markets approached.
- A competitive salary.
- A flat hierarchy and direct communication channels to a motivated team.