StartUp Europe Awards is an initiative promoted by the European Commission and supported by the President of the Committee of the Regions, several members of the European Parliament as ambassadors and it is implemented by the Finnova Foundation in collaboration with StartUp Europe.
The StartUp Europe Awards 2016 Final ceremony will count on the honorific presence of the President of the European Parliament, Mr. Antonio Tajani. The aim of the event is to reward the 10 most outstanding startups coming from 14 national competitions that have taken place in 2016 across Europe, announcing 1 winner for each category in competition: Creative, Energy, Fintech, Green, Health, ICT’s, Smart Cities, Social, Tourism and Water.
In addition to distinguishing the best startups from Europe in 10 categories, the StartUp Europe Awards final will also recognise the Best Public Administration for Startups, a pioneering prize which aims to recognise the best programmes or public services supporting entrepreneurs and innovation in municipality, province, region and international organism category. The initiative also recognises the Best Media Partner, a prize that will be given to the media partner most committed to the dissemination of the entrepreneurship and the startups.
During the ceremony, the “Scale up Europe Report” will be presented by Mr. Alberto Onetti, President of Mind the Bridge and Coordinator of Startup Europe Partnership. This report provides unique insight on the state of startups that are in the growth phase from 40 European countries : for each country/region the report compiles numbers of companies and capital raised, year by year growth numbers, and percentage of GDP invested (plus detailed data peer country). Additional sections include data about IPOs in Europe, scaleups (those raising more than $1M scalers and super-scalers (which are further distinctions for those companies which have raised $100M or $1B, respectively).
Who will attend Startup Europe Awards 2016 Final?
Members coming from the Public Sector:
– President of the European Parliament, Antonio Tajani.
– Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, Carlos Moedas.
– President of the Committee of Regions, Markku Markkula, has delegated the presence on his first vice-president Karl-Heinz Lambert.
– Vice-President for Communication of the European Economic and Social Committee, Gonçalo Lobo Xavier.
– Director-General of Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, Michel Servoz.
Members of the Private Sector:
– 30 startups out of the 91 participating in the contest will attend the ceremony
– Alberto Onetti, President of Mind the Bridge and Coordinator of Startup Europe Partnership
StartUp Europe Awards Final Ceremony #SEUA16Final
Wednesday, 7th June 2017
Altiero Spinelli – European Parliament
ASP Balcon, 1st Floor