Remote / Luxembourg – Fulltime
Passbolt is hiring a site reliability engineer to join the operation team. You will take an active part to design, develop, test and maintain highly-available, distributed, secure and sustainable IT services. You will join a growing and dynamic team committed to provide an exceptional experience to all passbolt community members.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of passbolt highly available services — from inception and design, through testing, deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring security, availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and reporting.
- Design and maintain passbolt official containers and virtuals machines packages.
- Share back findings, lesson learned and best practices with the team and community by writing blog posts and participating to online and offline events.
- Collaborate with external system and network providers in order to provide operational continuity and evaluate new technologies.
- Document systems and procedures in order to preserve knowledge and provide secure, predictable and sustainable services.
- Bachelor of Science or University degree relevant to Systems and Network engineering (e.g. Computer Science, Electronics) and/or comparable work experience/certification.
- 3+ years experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Expert level Linux admin skills.
- In depth knowledge of: GCP, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, LAN and WAN Networking, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, firewalling, DNS, QoS, CDN, Caching Datastores, Webservers, LDAP and email.
Nice to have
- Experience as maintainer or core contributor of an open source project.
- Experience as package maintainer on Debian, Centos.
- Experience with at-risk environments or certification in security.
“Nice to have” really means nice-to-have. It is possible for you to have none of these qualifications and still be a very good fit.
Send us your CV and cover letter (with a link to your porfolio / github) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch.