The Cybersecurity Luxembourg Startup Pathway will give innovators and investors the opportunity to get together physically in mid-September and sign off cybersecurity partnerships.
Securitymadein.lu, the economic interest group acting as the main online source for cybersecurity in Luxembourg, will organize the Cybersecurity Luxembourg Startup Pathway, during the ICT Spring, on 15 and 16 September 2020.
The networking and funding platform will give the opportunity to innovators and investors to meet, discuss and sign off potential partnerships. About 20 startups and 15 investment entities are expected to participate in the event.
The objective is to educate business angels and venture capitalists on cybersecurity trends and practices, while giving startups the opportunity to present their solutions to investors, as well as the local cybersecurity and ICT ecosystems.
“The cybersecurity market has become an attractive market over the recent years”, Gregory Wawszyniak-Dumont, public relations officer at securitymadein.lu explains. The pandemic and the confinement have shown that there is a growing need for security tools and procedures by companies that put their staff on homeworking”.
“Furthermore, we want to educate investors on cybersecurity issues, so they can invest in startups specializing in this area, Wawszyniak-Dumont adds. We want to make Luxembourg a cyber valley where innovators and financial decision-makers can meet and work together”.
During the two-day event, startups and investors will meet physically at the European Security Forum in Luxembourg (Kirchberg), while startups interested in series A, B and C funding rounds will meet online.
The selected startups will also have the opportunity to attend the “Cybersecurity Luxembourg Startup Pathway” booth, at the ICT Spring Europe 2020 and meet ICT decision-makers.
If the pandemic persists, the event could turn digital, with meetings and pitches organized via videoconferencing.
The event, which is sponsored among others by Silicon Luxembourg, is organized in collaboration with the “Pitch Your Startup” competition.
This initiative is also part of the Cyber Investors Day network of events coordinated by the European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO). The organisation just announced the European Cybersecurity STARtup Award.
Registration for investors and startups is open until 1 September 2020. The names of selected startups will be announced on 10 September.
What you need to know about the Cybersecurity Luxembourg Startup Pathway
- September 15th & 16th
- For startups looking for Business Angels: European Security Forum, 4 Place de l’Europe, L-1499 Luxembourg (Kirchberg)
- For startups interested in Series A, Series B, and Series C funding rounds: Online
- From July 1st to September 1st: Registration
- September 10th: Announcement of the selected startups
- September 15th morning: Cybersecurity workshop for investors (business Angels and venture capitalists).
- September 15th afternoon: Luxembourg Business Angels event (physical event as part of the European Security Forum)
- September 16th morning: Luxembourg Private Equity Association’s VC Club event (online event)
- September 15th & 16th: Opportunity for the selected startups to be part of the “Cybersecurity Luxembourg Startup Pathway” booth at the ICT Spring to meet ICT decision-makers.