Home > Covid-19 > Articles > Startups Called Help With The COVID-19 Crisis In Luxembourg

Startups Called Help With The COVID-19 Crisis In Luxembourg


In collaboration with Luxinnovation, the Ministry of Economy is launching a call for projects for young innovative companies under the name ‘StartupsVsCovid19‘. Startups are invited to submit projects related to the development of innovative technological products or services that will help us overcome the economic, health or societal effects of the this pandemic.
by: Silicon Luxembourg
photo: Negative Space from Pexels

Listen to article


Project proposals can be submitted from 20 April until 30 April 2020 inclusive via the website Startup Luxembourg. A jury, composed of representatives from the Ministry of Economy, Luxinnovation, Technoport, Luxembourg-City Incubator, the House of Startups and LHoFT will conduct a pre-selection session 7 May. The final selection will be made by videoconference on 14 May. Selected projects will be announced around mid-May and must be launched using the budget presented.

The initiative is an additional measure taken as part of the COVID-19 measures aimed at the stabilisation of the national economy and Luxembourg’s startup ecosystem. Up to 20 projects will be selected, each of which will receive financial support of up to €150,000.

75% of the budget will be released as soon as the official selection is made. The remaining 25% will be paid after the project has been finalised. (See our article “Three million euros for startups to fight Covid-19“)


The content of this press release reflects only the opinion of the author, Ministry of Economy and Luxinnovation

You may also like
In the Winners Series: A Quick Tete-a-tete With Coco World and Shawbe
Silicon Capital: Connect Ideas With Capital
Join The Silicon Luxembourg Business Club
WOKE NATION: The Non-Profit Clothing Brand