The international competition organised by Pegasus Tech Ventures offers up-and-coming entrepreneurs the chance to pitch their idea in Silicon Valley and win $1 million in investment prize. EY Luxembourg is hosting the regional final in Luxembourg on 13 June, which will decide which of the ten finalists go to San Francisco.
By hosting the international competition, Pegasus Tech Ventures (known for having funded successful startups such as SpaceX, Airbnb and Twitter), hopes to bring together startup ecosystems around the world.
However, before startups get the chance to go to San Francisco, they have to make the regional finals. After some deliberation, the collaborative selection committee consisting of representatives from Luxinnovation, Startup Luxembourg, the Luxembourg-City Incubator, the HoST, the LHoFT and others have chosen the 10 most promising startups to participate in the regional finals.
The selected startups are as follows:
- Circu Li-ion: Offers solutions for creating an ecosystem to reuse lithium batteries.
- ClimateCamp: Provides a Software as a Service (SaaS) sustainability platform to guide organizations in measuring and tracking their greenhouse gas emissions.
- Fundvis S.A.: Specialises in digitalizing the fund industry through its Software as a Service (SaaS) platform.
- Gonuggets S.A.: Developed an operating system for brands selling in marketplaces worldwide.
- KEYM (Gonly S.A.): A social network dedicated to the ecosystem and music industry.
- MDsim: Offers a “Software as Medical Device” (SaMD) for spine surgeons and medical device manufacturers.
- Myelin-H: Specialises in remote monitoring of the progress and effectiveness of treatments for brain diseases, particularly multiple sclerosis.
- Odysseus Space: Provides products and services to facilitate the movement of goods and information in the solar system.
- Veezzy: A network of creators that assists local businesses in video content creation.
- Warden Machinery: Specialises in enhancing the steelmaking process using cameras and artificial intelligence.
Last year, ANote Music made history by making the final of the Startup World Cup in Silicon Valley. Can another Luxembourg startup repeat its success?
The event will commence at 5 pm, where the 10 startups will pitch their ideas in front of the jury and the public. The winner will be announced and awarded on the same evening following deliberation.
For more detailed information about the Startup World Cup and the event organised by EY Luxembourg, you can visit the following website.