Containerization has become important in the field of Cloud Computing. It enables efficient, high-performance and fast application deployment in private, public and multi-Cloud environments.
The use of container technology has grown rapidly. In order to support all the actors involved in this technology, many standardization organizations have started developing normative documents that aim to provide guidelines and good practices related to this technology. The video below gives an overview of the committees responsible for the development of normative documents related to container technology, namely:
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 “Software and systems engineering”
- Study Group 13 (SG 13) “Future networks and emerging network technologies”
- Study Group 17 (SG 17) “Security”
These committees have developed several standards and technical specifications for containers in Cloud Computing, particularly concerning their functional requirements, management and security aspects. The video presents an overview of the following normative documents:
- ISO/IEC TS 23167:2020, Cloud Computing — common technologies and techniques
- ISO/IEC 18384-2:2016 , Reference Architecture for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA RA) – Part 2: Reference Architecture for SOA Solutions
- ITU-T Y.3528 (02/2022), Cloud Computing – framework and requirements of Container management in inter-Cloud
- ITU-T Y.3535 (02/2022), Cloud Computing – functional requirements for a Container
- ITU-T X.1643 (01/2022), Security requirements and guidelines of virtualization Container in Cloud Computing environments
The video also presents the different services offered by ILNAS and ANEC GIE for the benefit of the national market to consult, buy or participate in the development of standards.
If you have any questions about the content of this video or about ICT standardization, please contact us by email: [email protected].
For more information: